The 2017 Summer B-Lab Application is now open. To apply, login into UFunds!
- Friday, February 17, 2017 at 1:00 PM: Application closes
- February 28, 2017: FINALIST ventures notified
- March 6-8, 2017: FINALIST venture presentations to selection committee. You will need a 4–6 slide pitch deck. More information will be included in your follow-up email.
- March 10, 2017: Selected ventures notified
- March 17, 2017: Last day for ventures to notify B-Lab of their acceptance of offer; cohort finalized.
Criteria for eligibility
- Applicants must be teams (2-3 members) that include at least one current Brown or RISD student as founder (enrolled during the 2016-2017 academic year). Individuals who are looking for team members, or who want to join a team, should have attended an Info Session or review this database, in order to meet other interested students and teams.
- Undergraduates from all departments including arts, humanities, social sciences, engineering, life sciences, and the physical sciences are encouraged to apply.
- Graduate students including master's, PhD, and medical school students are encouraged to apply.
- Team members must be substiantially avialable to be on campus during the 8 weeks to participate in, contribute to and benefit from the rich offering of the program.
Information about funding
- Team members from Brown are eligible to receive a $4,000 stipend. We have limited stipends for RISD students as well.
- Teams can have members from other schools, however they are not eligible for a stipend
- If you are an international student interested in applying, we recommend you visit the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (OISSS) early in the spring semester.
Special note: RISD applicants are to submit their applications to [email protected]. Click here to access the application questions.