Advance-CTR is now accepting applications for the Spring 2021 Virtual Mentoring Training Program.
This interactive training helps participants become more effective research mentors. Participants will work through mentoring dilemmas, discuss techniques for improving communication and expectations with mentees, and learn strategies for improving outcomes for mentees' professional development and success.
Adapted from a nationally recognized, evidence-based curriculum from the National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN) and Center for Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research (CIMER), our training expands attendees' knowledge through case studies and secondhand exposure to the experiences of all participants.
Our program is geared toward established faculty members who mentor early career faculty and/or postdoctoral fellows in clinical or translational research. Preference will be given to experienced mentors; however, mentors of all career stages are welcome to apply.
Training Dates & Application
Our training program includes six sessions (9 hours total), which will be held virtually. Interested participants must commit to attending all six sessions.
- Monday, April 5 | 3-5 p.m. ET: Welcome & Introduction, Effective Communication
- Monday, April 12 | 3-4:15 p.m. ET: Aligning Expectations
- Monday, April 19 | 3-4:15 p.m. ET: Assessing Understanding
- Monday, April 26 | 3-4:15 p.m. ET: Fostering Independence
- Monday, May 3 | 3-4:15 p.m. ET: Addressing Equity & Inclusion
- Monday, May 10 | 3-5 p.m. ET: Promoting Professional Development, Articulating Your Mentoring Philosophy and Plan, Mentoring Resources
Please complete this registration form to apply.
Applications must be submitted by Thursday, February 18, 2021. Registrants will receive confirmation of their acceptance by Thursday, February, 25, 2021.