Advance-CTR is now calling for preliminary applications to the 2020 Pilot Projects Program. See award details and deadlines below, or email [email protected] with any questions.
About the Pilot Projects:
The Advance-CTR Pilot Projects Program seeks to identify talented young investigators who are new to clinical and translational research and based at Brown University, University of Rhode Island, an affiliated health care system (Lifespan, Care New England, Providence VAMC), or another degree-granting institution in Rhode Island. The Pilot Projects Program also aims to support new collaborations among investigators.
Advance-CTR will fund five to eight clinical and translational research projects in the following categories:
Category 1: Proposals with a single PI may apply for up to $37,500 in direct costs.
- Category 2: Proposals involving at least two PIs (multi-PIs) from different disciplines may apply for up to $75,000 in direct costs.
The Pilot Projects provide one year of funding with the potential for a competitive renewal for a second year. Indirect costs associated with the direct costs of each budget will be provided to the home institution(s).
Dates and Deadlines:
- August 30, 2019: Preliminary Application due
- September 24, 2019: Selected applicants invited to submit a Full Proposal
- November 5, 2019: Full Proposal due
- January 15, 2020: Pilot Awards announced (anticipated)
- March 1, 2020: Regulatory approvals must be obtained
- May 1, 2020: Pilot funding begins (anticipated)
The anticipated performance period is May 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021.
Preliminary Application Process:
Interested applicants are required to submit a preliminary application through the UFunds online portal no later than Friday, August 30, 2019 at 5pm ET.
Non-Brown faculty must request access to UFunds. Non-Brown faculty should email [email protected] by August 15, 2019 to request access to UFunds in order to submit an application.
Reviews of Preliminary Applications will be conducted by the Advance-CTR Pilot Projects Program Steering Committee. Reviews of Preliminary Applications will focus on:
- Responsiveness to eligibility requirements and program goals.
- Special considerations.
- Feasibility of the proposed research.
Applicants are encouraged to review the resources and guidance for preparing a successful preliminary application from Advance-CTR.
Please email [email protected] with any questions.