The call for preliminary applications for the 2019 Pilot Projects Program has now closed. Select applicants will be invited to submit full proposals. See dates and deadlines below.
Advance-CTR will award four to seven research projects in the following categories:
Category 1: Proposals with a single PI may apply for up to $37,500 in direct costs.
- Category 2: Proposals involving at least two PIs (e.g., Multi-PI’s) from different disciplines may apply for up to $75,000 in direct costs. A Contact PI who is a junior investigator must be designated.
The Pilot Projects are for one year with the potential for a competitive renewal for a second year of funding. Indirect costs associated with the direct costs of each budget will be provided to the home institution(s).
Key Dates and Deadlines:
- Preliminary Application Deadline: October 18, 2018
- Invited Full Proposal Deadline: December 18, 2018
The anticipated performance period is May 1, 2019 to April 30, 2020.
About the Awards:
The Advance-CTR Pilot Projects Program seeks to identify talented investigators who are new to clinical and translational research and interested in forming new collaborations. The awards encourage cross-disciplinary, inter-institutional research collaborations. More senior faculty who are transitioning into new areas of research are also eligible to apply for the awards program as a contact PI.
|Category 1:||Category 2:|
*Investigators are considered faculty equivalents
To be eligible for a Pilot Project award at $75,000, projects must meet all eligibility requirements above and also:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about applicant eligibility.
Preliminary Application Process:
Interested applicants are required to submit a Preliminary Application through the UFunds online portal. The Preliminary Application must include the following:
- Contact and academic information as requested on the UFunds application page
- Indication of the award category to which the investigator is applying
- Structured one-page overview of research aims, significance, and approach
- NIH-formatted biosketch for each investigator and mentor
- Letter from Department Chair(s) stating postdoctoral fellow or resident physician applicants will have a faculty appointment by May 1, 2019, if applicable (not required for current faculty)
Invitations to submit a full proposal will be announced on or around Friday, November 9, 2018. See the RFA for more information about the application process.
Questions? Contact Joseph Rego, Project Manager, at email@example.com or 401-863-1165 with any questions about the awards or applications process. Responses will be posted on the Pilot Projects FAQ page.