The studies listed below are open to persons under 20 years old.
Studies for teens
Who: 15-17 year-olds
About: The Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies at Brown University is studying teenage health behaviors. Participation involves visits to our laboratory and answering questions about your mood and behavior on a smartphone.
Compensation: You will be paid up to $515 for your participation.
Who: LGBTQ Teens age 14-19
About: Are you a cigarette or e-cig smoker? Do you vape? or do you use tobacco products? Want to help the LGBTQ community? Participate in a research study on LGBTQ tobacco use at Brown University.
Time Involved: 4-6 weeks.
Compensation: You may receive up to $245.
Who: 15 - 20 year-old cigarette smokers who have ever tried vaping are needed for a Brown University research study.
About: We are studying the effects of flavors and nicotine on tobacco use. This is NOT a treatment to help you quit smoking or vaping. If you are under the age of 18, you must have permission from a parent/guardian to be in the study.
Time Involved: 6 study visits.
Compensation: You may receive up to $400 for attending all 6 study visits.
Contact Person: Julissa - (401) 863-6635, Text (401) 680-6635, or Email [email protected]
Teen Smoking Research Study
- Our study is interested in the effects that cigarettes containing lower levels of nicotine may have
on teen smoking behavior.
- Teen smokers between the ages of 15 and 19 are needed.
- The results of the study may help the FDA decide whether to reduce the amount of nicotine in cigarettes.
- Participants can earn up to $351 for attending 5 study sessions.
- If you are younger than 18 years old, you must have your parent’s permission to be in the study.
- Travel to study sessions can be provided if necessary.
Are you 16 to 18 years old?
We’re looking for people between the ages of 16 and 18 to participate in Project CONVEY, a research study about the attitudes, social environments, emotions, and health behaviors of older teens and young adults.
You will be compensated between $40-$50 for your time and effort. Those selected for a brief, online follow-up survey will be compensated an additional $25-$35.
When/where: This study is being conducted at multiple locations. You can select a place and time that fits your schedule.
For more information, or to sign up:
Go to: http://goo.gl/1TD8Yk
or Call: 401-863-6690