The studies listed below are open to persons under 20 years old.
Studies for teens
Who: Teens 14-19
About: Are you a teenager thinking about cutting back or quitting drinking? Brown University is currently looking for teenagers interested in reducing their alcohol use to participate in a voluntary research study. The study consists of 6 weeks of an investigational study medication or placebo, using a smart phone app and weekly meetings.
Time Involved: 9 weeks with 3 and 6 month follow up
Are you 16 to 18 years old?
We’re looking for people between the ages of 16 and 18 to participate in Project CONVEY, a research study about the attitudes, social environments, emotions, and health behaviors of older teens and young adults.
You will be compensated between $40-$50 for your time and effort. Those selected for a brief, online follow-up survey will be compensated an additional $25-$35.
When/where: This study is being conducted at multiple locations. You can select a place and time that fits your schedule.
For more information, or to sign up:
Go to: http://goo.gl/1TD8Yk
or Call: 401-863-6690
Who: 15 - 20 year-old cigarette smokers who have ever tried vaping are needed for a Brown University research study.
About: We are studying the effects of flavors and nicotine on tobacco use. This is NOT a treatment to help you quit smoking or vaping. If you are under the age of 18, you must have permission from a parent/guardian to be in the study.
Time Involved: 6 study visits.
Compensation: You may receive up to $400 for attending all 6 study visits.
Contact Person: Abby - (401)-863-3522, or Email [email protected]
About: The study is interested in how young adults respond to their environment relating to alcohol use.
Who: For 15-17 year olds who use alcohol about twice a week or more on average.
- This includes a 45 minute remote enrollment session on Zoom, and then a 17 day survey window where 4 surveys are sent to your phone using an app.
- Participants use an app to take 4 surveys throughout the day, and take survey on their own when they start and stop drinking.
Compensation: Participants can earn up to $245, compensation is based on how many surveys you complete.
Contact: Maria Zonfrillo at 401-425-3645 or email [email protected] for more information.
Who: Teens 16-19
About: Are you a teenager thinking about cutting back or quitting drinking? Brown University is currently looking for teenagers interested in reducing their alcohol use to participate in a voluntary research study. The study consists of 9 weeks of an investigational study medication or placebo, using a smart phone app and weekly meetings.
Time Involved: 14 weeks with 3 month follow up
Contact person: Audrey at 401- 863-6720 or [email protected]
Teen Smoking Research Study
- Our study is interested in the effects that cigarettes containing lower levels of nicotine may have on teen smoking behavior.
- Teen smokers between the ages of 15 and 20 are needed.
- Participants can earn up to $523 for attending 5 study sessions.
- If you are younger than 18 years old, you must have your parent’s permission to be in the study.
- Travel to study sessions can be provided if necessary.
Who: Teens age 15-19
About: We are looking for teens age 15-19 to participate in a 90-minute group discussion about use of different media sources and exposure to alcohol and drinking in the media.
Time Involved: 90-minutes
- Participants will receive $30 to Amazon for participating in the group discussion.
- Participants will also have a one-in-five chance to win an additional $25 Amazon gift card for completing a brief survey before the group discussion.
Contact: [email protected] or (720) 506-1698