The Biostatistician for Advance-CTR will use technical skills to help facilitate the design, conduct, management, and analysis of a variety of different clinical and translational research projects that will be run through the Clinical Research Design, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics Core. This Center is funded by an Institutional Development Award (IDeA) Program Infrastructure for Clinical and Translational Research (IDeA-CTR) grant from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS). Duties include: helping researchers design studies, constructing databases, managing data, statistical programming and analysis, and interpretation and reporting of results. The incumbent will function as a Core team member and participate in Core meetings. The Biostatistician will contribute to the authorship of manuscripts and may become part of study teams if served researchers receive grant funding. The Biostatistician will be based primarily at the School of Public Health, Department of Biostatistics, and will also work in Core related sites in close proximity to key stakeholders. These sites include the Brown Medical School, University of Rhode Island and affiliated hospitals in Providence RI.
Primary activities/responsibilities Include:
- Provide high-level support to clinical and translational researchers by designing studies and writing study analytic plans.
- Provide expertise in the construction of study databases and their management.
- Carry out necessary statistical analyses and interpret results in collaboration with study investigators .
- Function as Core team member.
- Required: Masters degree in quantitative field with appropriate statistical coursework or combination of extensive statistical training and experience
- Preferred: Masters degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or Biometry
- At least 3 Years experience in biomedical data analysis.
To apply, click here