The Mindfulness Center at Brown offers an array of evidenced-based mindfulness courses and programs delivered in person and live online. Our teachers are Certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction teachers with extensive training in mindfulness interventions, who over the years have trained thousands of individuals in these transformative and life affirming practices.
Research on mindfulness-based training consistently demonstrates positive outcomes associated with:
- decreased levels of perceived stress
- increased self-awareness, often leading to more skillful responses
- emotional regulation
- improved attentional focus
- reduction of symptoms for various physical and behavioral health conditions including anxiety, depression, chronic pain, and heart disease
- positive changes in risk factors that may lead to more serious chronic ailments