Brown CITI RCR Instructions
If you have never been certified in the Brown University CITI Responsible Conduct of Research program, please follow the instructions below to take the required CITI RCR course:
- Go to the CITI home page at www.citiprogram.org
Register or Log In
- New users: If you have never taken the CITI program, please click on the “Register Here” link for new users and fill in steps 1-4. In Step 1: Choose Brown University as your institution. Continue with the registration process filling in all of the appropriate personal information.
- Returning CITI Users: Log in using your previous username and password. Click on the link “Affiliate with another institution.” Choose Brown University as your institution.
- In the section "My Learner Tools for Brown University," select “Add a Course or Update Learner Groups.” This will bring you to a course selection instruction page - at the bottom of the page, click on the link to “Continue to Question 1.”
- On the next page, scroll down to Question 2 and select "Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)" and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Submit button. You will then be brought back to the main menu and the RCR course will be available to select and begin.