CITI Training Help- refresher course
If you completed the CITI Basic Course (Group 1, 2 or 3) three years ago and need to renew your certification, all you need to do is complete the CITI Refresher course. Follow these directions to access the required modules for the refresher course.
- Go to the CITI home page at www.citiprogram.org
- Sign in with the user name and password you used the first time you completed the CITI Program training. If you have forgotten your user name or password, call the Research Protections Office (RPO) for assistance (863-3050).
- Click on the link “View/Update your Learner Group.” This is located to the right of the name “Brown University” in the middle of the page. If you don’t see a list of options to choose, you may have to click on the red “Update Groups” link at the bottom of the page.
- Answer “Question 2” by clicking in the box next to “Group 1.” All research staff will select this answer for the refresher course, regardless of the group they completed the first time. (NOTE: Do not check off anything under Question 1, as this will lead you to the full basic course)
- Click “submit” This will bring you to a screen that tells you that you are now registered for “Stage 2 Refresher Course
- Click on the link, “Go back to Learner’s Main Menu”
- To access the refresher course modules, click on the red link “Not Started-Enter” under the status heading located under the Brown University title bar.
- Click on the link to “Take the next required module.”
- Complete the educational modules and quizzes.
Once you have successfully completed all required modules, notification will automatically be sent to RPO staff. If you wish to print a completion report for your own records, click on the link called “View course completion history for Brown University and print completion certificates.” This link is located at the bottom of the Learner’s Menu page.
If you have any problems accessing the refresher course, or any other questions about the CITI training, please feel free to call RPO at (401) 863-3050.