Spring 2022 Engaged Scholarship & Broader Impacts Events
The University's Engaged Scholarship and Broader Impacts Working Group is organizing several events in April to support and connect interested faculty and staff.
- On April 5, from 11-noon, staff with ES/BI responsibilities are invited to a virtual conversation about existing activities and opportunities for greater collaboration and support, followed by an optional lunch. For more information and to register, click here.
- On April 6, from 10-11:30 a.m. join The Leadership Alliance staff and faculty collaborators via Zoom for a "Get To Know The Leadership Alliance" virtual event to learn about opportunities to mentor and support underrepresented students in research. For more information contact Taiese Bingham-Hickman; to join the event, click here.
- On April 14, from 12-1 pm, "Workshop Your BI Idea" will be a space for faculty developing proposals with a Broader Impact or community engaged component to share their ideas and get feedback from supportive colleagues. Please note: attendance will be a prerequisite for participation in the NSF CAREER mock review panels in June. For more information and to register, click here.
Fall 2021 Broader Impacts Workshop
At this event, faculty panelists will discuss themes related to conducting broader impact activities during a pandemic. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and engage with the panel before breaking into small groups to complete an activity designed to increase awareness and creativity around the development of broader impacts plans.
- Wednesday, December 8, 12 pm: view the recording of the event.
Fall 2021 Seminar Series
Real Talk: Collaborative Conversations about Collaborative Work
This series of events showcases faculty and their community partners or students in a range of disciplines doing high-quality Engaged Scholarship and Broader Impacts (ES/BI) work in order to acknowledge excellence and enhance others’ understanding of meaningful ES/BI.
- November 5: Elena Shih and Bella Robinson: view the recording of the event.
- December 1: Scott Frickel and Summer Gonsalves: view the recording of the event.
Spring 2021 Seminar Series
Square One: Integrating Broader Impacts into Project Proposals at Brown
Events exploring how to develop grant proposals for high-quality Engaged Scholarship and Broader Impacts (ES/BI) work, with a focus on structuring project evaluation components and leveraging Brown Library offerings.
April 16: How to Integrate Broader Impacts into a Proposal with the Office of Research Development
watch the introductory video
April 30: Developing an Effective Educational Plan with the Sheridan Center
May 6: Library Resources for Proposal Preparation with the Brown Library