Viewing/Adding Calendars & Reserving Time
- To VIEW the calendar for an instrument, choose the instrument you are interested in from the list below.
- To ADD the calendar for an instrument to your Google calendar, choose the instrument you are interested in from the list below, click the "+Google Calendar" button in the bottom right, and select "Yes, add this calendar." (do this to add new Olympus FV3000 calendar)
*Note for External Users: You need a Brown Google account to reserve an instrument using the online calendar. External users who would like to sign up should contact Geoffrey Williams (401-863-1674) or Robbert Creton (401-863-9646).
- To RESERVE an instrument, visit Google Calendar while logged in to your Brown Google account.
- Click the red "Create" button to the left of the calendar.
- Title field: enter your first and last name (e.g. Eric Johnson)
- Description field: enter PI's last name (e.g. Smith)
- To the right of the "Where" field, select "Rooms, etc."
- Scroll all the way down and click on "Other Resources."
- Scroll down to the group of resources beginning with "BM MCB" and click "Add" next to your desired instrument (the name of the instrument will now appear in the "Where" field). Please sign up on the correct microscope -- for example, if you want to use the Confocal at Sidney Frank, do not sign up for the Ship Street Confocal. Thank you!
- Select "Find a Time" (above the "Where" field) and highlight the time slot you would like.
- Click "Save" (at the top of the page). You will now be returned to your calendar.
When you first return back to the calendar, your appointment may appear twice in the time slot. This is because you are looking at two calendars, yours and the resource's. Select to display only one of the calendars.
Sign Up Guidelines: You may reserve two days and sign up for 1-3 hours per day (between 8am - 5pm). You may sign up for longer blocks of time when it is quiet on a microscope (typically in the evenings or weekends). Unique and occasional deviations in the guidelines can happen, please email justification and request to Geoff Williams ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), prior to signing up, for authorization and approval.
Cancellations: If you need to cancel or edit a session, go to your calendar and edit the reservation. Hit Edit and Save or Delete and the resource will update or become available again.
Late Cancellations: If you cancel late (on the day that you are signed up), please contact the person signed up before or after you so they can use the cancelled time. This is particularly important because the person signed up before you will need to shut the system down. CALL the Facility to inform the user that you are cancelling.
Sidney Frank Hall for Life Sciences
- Olympus FV1000 MPE Multiphoton Microscope: BM MCB SFH 106B Olympus Multiphoton
- Olympus FV3000 Confocal Microscope: BM MCB SFH 111 Olympus FV3000 Confocal
- Zeiss LSM 800 Confocal Laser Scanning Microscope: BM MCB SFH 115 Zeiss LSM 800 Confocal
- Zeiss Lumar V12 Fluorescence Stereomicroscope: BM MCB SFH 113 Lumar Stereo Microscope
- Zeiss Axiovert 200M Fluorescence Microscope: BM MCB SFH 113 Fluorescence Microscope
- Philips 410 Transmission Electron Microscope: BM MCB SFH 105 TEM
- Apreo VS Scanning Electron Microscope: BM MCB SFH 109 SEM
- Ultramicrotome: BM MCB SFH 105 Ultramicrotome
- FluidVis 3D Visualization: BM MCB SFH 106C FluidVis 3D visualization
- MetaMorph Image Analysis: BM MCB SFH 106C Metamorph
- WS2 ZEN Image Analysis: BM MCB SFH 106C WS2 ZEN Image Analysis