Important scheduling policies:
Hours of operation are Monday - 10AM - 9PM (last scan at 8PM), Tuesday through Thursday- 10AM - 6PM (last scan at 5PM) and Friday - 10AM - 5PM (last scan at 4PM). Other times may be booked to be run by certified scanner operators. Special requests for off-hour time may be made to MRIResearch@Brown.edu. These requests must be approved in advance of requesting time through the web-based calendar. Please do not make off-hour requests to other MRF staff directly.
The MRF reserves the right to fulfill requests depending on the availability of staff and the status of the scanner.
If a protocol runs more than one hour, the project will be charged for two hours of scan time. For longer protocols, it is recommended to schedule two subjects consecutively, using a three hour time slot.
Protocols that run for more than one hour will not be allowed to continue if there is another scan scheduled.
Please consult Lynn Fanella for special policies regarding scheduling time for non-human subjects.
Requesting Scan Time:
- All scan times must be requested at least two working days in advance.
- All scan times are on a first come, first served basis. Please consult the calendar for availability.
- All scheduling requests and cancellations must be entered using the request scan time link on the calendar. Please note that your request is not confirmed until it appears on the calendar.
- All lab personnel who enter the MR suite must complete the appropriate safety training and have their certifications on file in the MRF office.
- Principal Investigators (PIs) have the responsibility for pre-screening volunteers for MRI safety contraindications prior to participation. If subjects are found to be unsuitable for scanning on the day of the scan (medical implants, unremovable piercings, metal in eyes, etc.), fees will still be charged.
Cancelling Scan Time:
- All cancellations must be submitted at least three working days in advance.
- All cancellations should be done using the request scan time form. Please put CANCEL in the comments field.
- Cancellations with less than three days notice will be charged a 20% cancellation fee (currently $100); cancellations made on the day of the scan will be charged a 50% cancellation fee ($250); cancellations made after the start of the scan time will be charged in full.
- Delays of more than 30 minutes will result in the cancellation of the scan and a full charge to the project.
- A full charge will be applied for cancellation of a participant who has not been properly pre-screened.
- No charge will be applied for cancellations resulting from malfunctions of the MRI system or other MRF equipment.