Awards with Limited Submission Policies
The Office of the Vice President for Research maintains a list of funding opportunities with limited submissions policies. These are opportunities that require institutional nomination or endorsement and/or that are eligible to a limited number of applicants from each institution.
COS Pivot is searchable database that enables researchers to identify funding opportunities from governmental, private foundation, and international sources. The COS Pivot Funding Alert provides a weekly email with a customized list of funding opportunities based on previously specified criteria provided by the individual COS Pivot members. Access to COS Pivot is available to the Brown community through an institutional subscription. Access the Library Guide on Pivot and to sign-up for training.
Research Development and Grant Writing News
This monthly electronic newsletter offers strategies on how to compete successfully for research funding from federal agencies and foundations. Each issue highlights agency research news and trends, web resources, and new funding opportunities. An institutional subscription allows unlimited distribution to the Brown community, but please note that this material is copyrighted and may not be reposted on an open website.
The Brown University Library offers a number of services for researchers engaged in seeking internal and external grants.
Resource Guide for Public Humanities Projects
This Brown University Library page provides some ideas on where to start your search for funds to support public projects in the Humanities.
Crowdfunding has recently emerged as a novel source of extramural support for research. The University is presently developing guidelines to assist Brown researchers in the pursuit of crowdfunding. It is important to note that University policies and procedures regarding research compliance are applicable to crowdfunding. These policies include, but are not limited to, the use of human subjects or animals in research, conflicts of interest, ownership of intellectual property, and access to and retention of data. The Office of the Vice President for Research and the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations are available to consult with researchers on these considerations and to provide preliminary guidance on the crowdfunding planning process. Please contact Margaret Manning, Research Development Program Manager, at (401) 863-5145 for more information.
Funding Agencies & Helpful Links
- Grants.Gov A searchable database of all discretionary grants offered by the 26 federal grant-making agencies.
- NIH Listserv At the end of each week, NIH transmits an e-mail to NIH Guide LISTSERV subscribers with the Current Weekly Table of Contents (TOC), including links to announcements published during the week.
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Defense Link
- Office of Naval Research
- U.S. Army
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH Guide to Grants and Contracts
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- NASA Email Notification Service
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Endowment for the Arts