The Institutional Review Board (IRB) reviews and approves all research and related activities involving human participants. The board weighs the risks and benefits of participation to help protect the health and best interests of research participants. All review is completed prior to the beginning of research.
- Does my project need IRB review?
- Who should I call with questions about my protocol?
- Frequently Asked Questions for research with human participants
- How to change a protocol
- Deadline for receipt of protocols
- Safety Plan Guidance (for human research projects that may involve the discovery of participants at risk of harming themselves or others)
The Office of Research Integrity is located at:
2 Stimson Avenue
Box 1986, Providence, RI 02912
Phone: (401) 863-3050