To request Drs. Britton and/or Lindahl to give a lecture, retreat or training, please contact:
Willoughby_Britton(at)brown.edu and/or schedule a professional consultation
Copies of all published research can be found under the publications tab.
Researchers who would like to request a copy of the Meditation-related adverse effects scale- MBP version (MRAES-MBP) for research, translation and validation purposes, fill out a request form here.
If you are a meditator who is experiencing meditation-related problems and need help, please visit: www.cheetahhouse.org
Due to a high volume of requests, Dr. Britton is unable to answer individual emails. If you would like Dr. Britton's perspective, you can schedule a meditator consultation.
Students who are interested in becoming a research assistant in the CLAN lab , please send a cover letter and CV to Roman_Palitsky(at)Brown.edu
To journalists or students researching or writing about meditation-related difficulties:
Please be sure to be have become familiar with the following before making an interview request:
- The Varieties of Contemplative Experience Study, and any of the 9 research papers published so far, especially the PLOS One paper and the Current Opinion in Psychology paper.
- Video tutorials and lectures, especially: Dr.Britton's UK keynote or Frequently Asked Questions about meditation-related difficulties
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary bibliography of more than 100 articles about meditation-related challenges or the Meditation Safety Toolbox
- Podcasts , radio, and other media stories that have already been written
Please plan for at least one month between your request and your interview.
- The Clinical and Affective Neuroscience does not have any paid positions available.
- Dr. Britton is not available to be a research, concentration or thesis advisor or other type of mentor (K-Awards)
Dr. Britton is not currently available to:
- endorse or review books, programs or products
- participate in journal special issues
- serve unpaid as a consultant, on advisory boards or committees. If you would like her expertise, you can schedule a professional consultation.
- We are currently experiencing a high volume of requests, and are in the process of building our capacity. We appreciate your patience.