For Students

Research Opportunities for Undergraduates at Brown

Every semester, usually during the first week of the term, the lab hires undergraduates to participate in research. Please consult the Student Employment Board periodically for these advertisements during the first two weeks of every semester. Students interested in independent study or possible UTRA supervision should contact Professor Sobel directly. Normally, a student must work in the lab for at least one semester before he or she can conduct an independent study or propose a UTRA.

Information for Prospective Graduate Applicants

Prof. Sobel will be recruiting graduate students for the 2018-2019 academic year. Prospective graduate applicants must show a clear and compelling match to the research interests of the Causality and Mind Lab. Interested students should apply to the Department of Cognitive, Linguistic, and Psychological Sciences at Brown University and specifically mention their interest in working with Prof. Sobel in the application. Interested students are welcome to contact Prof. Sobel prior to applying. Students can learn more about the department at this website. Applications should be to either the Psychology or Cognitive Science Ph.D. program.