1. NMR Equipment:
We use equipment, which is part of the shared Brown Univeristy Structural Biology Core Facility.
The Peti Lab has access to the Brown University Biomolecular NMR Facility, located the Laboratories of Molecular Medicine, 70 Ship Street, which houses one Bruker NMR instrument operating at 500 MHz. The main use of this NMR instrument is high-resolution NMR spectroscopy of biomacromolecules. The NMR spectrometer is accordingly equipped:
- AVANCEII 500 MHz spectrometer (DRU receiver) is equipped with four independent channels dedicated to 1H, 13C, 15N, and 2H (2H-TX board). Two automated tuning and matching probes are available for the 500 MHz instrument: a room temperature TXI HCN z-gradient probe and a TCI HCN z-gradient cryoprobe. The instrument is controlled via TopSpin 3.1 on a Linux based computer.
- The AVANCEIIIHD 850 MHz spectrometer (TCI HCN z-gradient cryoprobe).The instrument is controlled via TopSpin 3.2 on a Linux based computer.
2. X-Ray Equipment:
The Peti Lab has access to the Brown University Biomolecular X-ray Facility, located the Laboratories of Molecular Medicine, 70 Ship Street. Crystallographic equipment includes a Rigaku/MSC FRE+ generator (copper anode), CCD detector and X-stream liquid nitrogen source for crystal screening and data collection at cryogenic temperatures at a single wavelength. Art Robbins Instruments Phoenix Art Robbins Instruments CrysCam Multiple Puck systems for automatic screening at the synchrotron (we mainly use X25/29 at NLS).
3. Other Major Laboratory Equipment:
- Two combined FPLC/HPLC Äkta Purifier including multiple separation columns and a Frac-950 fraction collector
- Äkta Prime Plus FPLC system
- Beckman X-15 centrifuge, Eppendorf 5810R centrifuge, shared Sorvall RC6plus, shared Sorvall RC5C, Beckmann L8-70M Ultracentrifuge
- Three Large refrigerated incubator shaker systems (HT Infors, NBS)
- Speedvac concentrator, shared lyophilizer
- Mastercylcer EP silver PCR system
- Multiple electrophoresis systems
- Avestin C-3 cell cracker
- Perkin Elmer Lambda 25 UV/VIS spectrophotometer
- Millipore Gradient water-system
- An autoclave, dishwasher is shared equipment on the floor
We also have direct access to the NSF/EPSCoR Proteomics Facility which includes: Micocal VP-DSC; Microcal VP-ITC, Microcal iTC200, Jasco CD J-815, Flouromax-4 fluorescence spectrometer, Quiacube, HT Informs Fermentor, a Viscotec 802 DLS, Beckman Optima MAX ultracentrifuge, a Molecular Devices Spectramax M5 plate reader, a Zeiss Axiovert M200 microscope and a GE Healthcare Typhoon-9410 imager.