MURI Research Areas
- Theory of nonlocal operators and stochastic interpretation of fractional operators.
- Numerical solution of FPDEs with emphasis on variable fractional order.
- Fast solvers for dense linear systems with approximately linear computational complexity.
- Stochastic FPDEs and determination of the fractional order directly by available data.
- Application of the integrated framework to fluid and solid mechanics problems, fluid-structure interactions, two-phase flows and reactive systems with front propagation.