Open Internship Positions
The Office of Sustainability works to create opportunities where students can use our campus as a living lab and work on projects that will improve their academic and professional skills, all while providing our office with creativity, passion, perspective, and talent. Our interns work on sustainability-related topics, including recycling, compost, marketing and design, sustainable transportation, food waste, and green tour options. Applications close Wednesday, April 8th, at 11:59 pm. Video interviews will be conducted in the following weeks. For questions please email [email protected]. Currently, we have the following openings:
The Sustainability Data Science Intern supports the Office of Sustainability in its efforts to make the Brown community more sustainable. This intern will primarily support the office’s Data Scientist. Tasks may include the following: visualization of graphics and data related to greenhouse gas emissions; collection and processing of Brown Dining Service’s purchasing data; and collection and synthesis of utility metering data to develop a campus energy use heat map. Additional tasks may be assigned as needed by the Data Scientist.
If you are interested in becoming more involved with the Office of Sustainability and sustainability initiatives on campus, think about participating in one of the following:
Participate or volunteer in one of our events throughout the school year. Email [email protected] for more information.
- Clean Break: our annual end of year donation program;
- Green Move-In: an annual event to educate first-year students about sustainability initiatives, and keep our recycling clean;
- Compost Volunteering: an opportunity to help your fellow students sort their waste properly in the Sharpe Refectory;
- And more!
- Shop a class in the Environmental Studies department.
- Become an Office of Sustainability intern! Email [email protected] if you are interested in working to create a more sustainable campus.
- Follow us on social media (Facebook and Instagram) for tips on actions you can take and check out our Energy and Waste tips and resources to get started!
- Join an environmental group on campus.