Engaged Scholars Initiative
The Swearer Center is pleased to be collaborating with the Eastern Region Campus Compacts to develop, support and connect leaders who can advance co-created knowledge, critically engaged pedagogies, institutional change, and collaborative action to address societal issues. A pilot cohort of ten Engaged Scholars across the Eastern Region are committed to an ongoing learning and leadership process from January 2019-May 2020.
The overall goals are to:
- develop engaged scholars and scholar-practitioners who are committed to addressing power dynamics and advancing equity and full participation in institutions and communities;
- advance scholarly objectives (research, teaching, and/or application) of each participant’s choosing;
- strengthen professional networks by building deep relationships among participants;
- expand the perspectives and types or sources of knowledge incorporated and highlighted in the field; and
- generate individual and collaborative work that translates participants’ insights into publications, conference presentations, or other educational and community resources.
For more information, see https://ercc.compact.org/engaged-scholars-initiative/ or contact email@example.com
Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
March 25-27, 2019 |The Omni Hotel | Providence, RI
The Swearer Center is a sponsor of the 2019 ERCC conference, which aims to showcase practices advancing the field of community and civic engagement. Through a mix of session topics and formats, networking opportunities, and a variety of speakers, ERCC conference participants will explore key topics related to community-engaged scholarship, learning that promotes civic and democratic engagement, and programs and partnerships that enhance both community and campus. The 2019 Lynton Colloquium featuring Brook Lillehaugen, the 2018 Lynton Award recipient and other outstanding early-career engaged scholars, will take place on March 27, 2019, in conjunction with the ERCC conference. Participants may register for the Colloquium only or the full conference.