Independent Programs

Students are permitted (indeed, encouraged) to design and pursue independent study programs, clinical preceptorships, and research projects at Brown and in community health institutions. The student should:

  • first consult the faculty member who is being asked to serve as sponsor
  • fill out an Independent Study proposal form. Once the form opens, save a copy to your computer and enter the information. Then email a copy of the completed form to your advisor for their signature.
  • send the signed copy of the form to Alexandra Morang in the Medical Student Affairs Office for approval at least two weeks before the start date of the project