- Download LabVIEW from the link provided.
- Launch the installer from the download location.
- Click Start to extract the files.
- If your computer is not in Active Directory, you must add the DNS suffix, ad.brown.edu:
- Start > Right-click Computer > Properties > Advanced System Settings
- Tab Computer Name > Change > More > Primary DNS suffix of computer: ad.brown.edu > OK
5. You must enter Name, Dept, Email address.
6. After entering the info, click Copy to computer. Click Proceed.
7. You may receive a prompt to install .NET Framework. Click OK and accept the defaults.
8. Click Next at the Welcome Screen.
9. For Destination Directory, accept defaults
10. For Features, accept defaults. Product Notifications, accept defaults: I accept the 2 license agreements
11. And again, I accept the 2 license agreements
12. Click next to start the Installation.
13. A dialog will appear asking you if you want to participate in the customer experience improvement program.
14. Choose to install updates automatically.
15. After the installation ends, be certain to restart.
16. The National Instruments Update Service may start, indicating there are updates available. It is recommended to install them.
17. If you launch LabVIEW directly after installation, it may launch in evaluation mode. This is normal. It may take up to 30 minutes for LabVIEW to initially check in with the license manager. You still have full functionality in Eval Mode.
18. Once LabVIEW initially contacts the License Manager, your application will be fully licensed.