Please note the following changes to the CFAC Award nomination process:
- The deadline to submit nominations is March 24, 2023
The nominee must be on the clinical track or clinician educator track, at the rank of Instructor or above for five or more continuous years of service at Brown. The nominee can only receive an award every five years.
The training environments include: private practice, faculty practice, hospital, managed care organization or RI department of health facility. All Brown affiliated settings are eligible. Peer teaching through continuing medical education and other presentations is also acceptable. The trainees can be undergraduate students, graduate students, physicians, medical students, residents or fellows.
Steps to Nominating
- Determine the number of faculty that your department will nominate: Our goal is to recognize the clinical faculty in proportion to their percentage of the total faculty. We ask that you nominate within this range. Department and program leaders have received a list of their department's expected nominations range.
- Confirm each nominee's eligibility based on the eligibility criteria described above. Contact your department administrator or [email protected] if you need assistance confirming a nominee's eligibility.
- Submit the Application Form. An email with a Google Doc version of your Application will be sent to you.
- Review and Sign the Application you receive via email. If the nominator is different than the department chair, both the nominator and Department Chair's signatures are required. You are responsible for obtaining your Chair's signature on the form.
- The complete Nomination file should include:
- Signed/Completed Nomination PDF
- Nomination Letter (click here to view a sample letter) from a Dean, Department Chair, Division Chief, Chief of Service, Program Director, Clerkship Director, or other administrator/colleague with access to information regarding the nominee's teaching skills.
- Nominee's Current CV
- Teaching Evaluations: There must be a minimum of 1 teaching evaluation for each of the 5 consecutive years. Copies of all teaching evaluations must be submitted at the time of nomination.
- Email the signed, completed Application and supporting documents to [email protected]
Please note all nominations are due by March 24, 2023
If you have any questions regarding this process, please email [email protected].