Master of Science in Medical Sciences
This one-year Master of Science in Medical Sciences (ScM) program, based at the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, is for students who are seriously considering a career in medicine or healthcare and want to strengthen their credentials, test themselves on their ability to handle a rigorous scientific curriculum, gain experience in a community healthcare site and/or decide whether medicine is the right fit for them.
This program will give you a rigorous foundation in biomedical science, as well as an opportunity to explore first hand the complexities of today's healthcare system. Coursework includes:
- Basic biomedical science courses typically taken by first year medical students at Alpert Medical School
- Interactive seminar courses that focus on the social science and humanities aspects of health and health care.
- Hands-on, practical experience at community healthcare sites and the opportunity to participate in the care of underserved and vulnerable patients
"I cannot imagine a better environment to grow as a student, where the professors challenge and support me, and my classmates have become like family. "
A key feature of the ScM program is its focused, student-centered environment. Students benefit from:
- Small class size allowing for individualized attention to students' academic needs, including a built-in basic science group TBL/tutoring and coaching system.
- Career advisers who will help you navigate your personal educational journey and, ultimately, the pathway to your career in the health sciences
- Regular interactions with the Program Director through both direct interactive, teaching sessions and mentoring meetings to discuss students' progress.
- A dynamic and diverse setting at a world-class, Ivy League university