The following award programs recognize medical student achievement.
American Medical Student Research Journal
James "Rhio" O'Connor Memorial Scholarship Fund
Please address some or all of the following questions:
- Should cancer patients and doctors be able to use whatever treatments they like in treating cancer? Why?
- What are some examples of “alternative therapies” and why do cancer patients use them when they are not FDA approved?
- Should medicinal medicine and folk medicine have any relevancy in cancer?
- It is estimated that it costs over $400 million to bring a new cancer drug to market. Does that establish roadblocks for the testing and approval of alternative therapies?
- What changes or improvements should be made in our healthcare system and the way we treat cancer in this country so that cancer is no longer the leading cause of death in Americans under age 85?
Scholarship reward is $1,000.00
To receive a scholarship application which will include the rules and deadlines, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put the word "Scholarship" in the subject line.
The Intima article submission
The Intima is an electronic journal founded in 2011 to stimulate thought, reflection, and conversation about the intersecting worlds of medicine, humanities and art, in the context of individual clinical experiences across the spectrum of health and illness. The Intima invites medical students to submit; submissions can include scholarly essays or articles; non-fiction, personal narratives; fiction; field notes; poetry; studio art; audio or visual multimedia. The next issue will be published in July; submissions are accepted on a rolling basis.