Skip to Navigation

Who to Ask: Contacts for Students


I would like my dissertation to be temporarily removed from the Library's digital repository.

I have just defended my dissertation and have a position. I need a letter certifying that I completed my Ph.D.

Jean Rainwater

Barbara Bennett

Commencement, and Dissertation and Thesis Submittal
How do I register to participate in Commencement?

What is the process to defend and submit?


Susan Ely

Barbara Bennett

Student Completions
I am almost done but will need an extension to submit my dissertation.

Brian Walton

Where do I find DCP/DEP application forms?

How do I submit a nomination for DCP funding for a student?

Brian Walton

Brian Walton

Fellowship Applications
I am in need of assistance with a fellowship application.

Do I need to submit an exempt or non-exempt narrative for the SF 424 form?

What are the deadlines for the application of the fellowship (Fulbright, Liebmann, etc.) that I'm interested in?

How do I search for fellowship opportunities?

John Tyler

John Tyler

John Tyler

John Tyler, Ian Straughn (Library)

Student Financial Support/Issues
I have questions about financial aid or would like to learn about financial literacy.

I have questions about my stipend and/or an outstanding balance.

I have a question about the Graduate Student Incentive Policy.

I need to discuss student payroll.

I seek emergency financial assistance.

Peter Baron (Financial Aid Office)

Michelle Rose

Michelle Rose

Gail Lee

Office of the Chaplains, Maria Suarez (Office of Student Life) or Brian Walton

Health Insurance

I need help regarding a fee waiver.

Brian Walton or Cheryl Moan (Insurance Office)

Brian Walton

International Student Concerns
Visas, leaves, working in the United States

Acculturation, language assistance

Writing assistance


Brian Walton

Writing Center

Medical Leave (see Graduate School Handbook)

Personal leave, professional development leave, parent leave, etc.

Maria Suarez

John Tyler

Open Graduate Education
Where do I find application materials?

I would like to discuss my ideas regarding Open Graduate Education.

Open Graduate Educate webpage: under Academics and Research)
Peter Weber or John Tyler

Problem Situations
A personal situation (health, family issue, stress, etc.) is interferring with my academic progress.

I am the victim of harassment or assault.

I am the victim of a crime.

I need urgent University administrator assistance at night or weekends.

I have a complaint about another student.

I want to talk about my career and graduate education with someone outside the department.

I have a Title IX issue or question.

Maria Suarez, Counseling and Psychological Services or Health Services

Department of Public Safety, Health Services, Liza Cariaga-Lo (Office of the Provost), Gail Cohee (Sarah Doyle Women's Center), Maria Suarez or Counseling and Psychological Services
Department of Public Safety

Administrator on Call (Call DPS to access)

Office of Student Life

Maria Suarez, Counseling and Psychological Services, Health Services or Peter Weber


Brian Walton or Amanda Walsh, Title IX Office

Professional Development
Career exploration

Professional Development

BEST Program


Sheridan Center or Vanessa Ryan

Vanessa Ryan

Programmatic questions
I am having difficulties with my program.

Peter Weber

Prospective Students
I have an idea for an integrative studies master's program.

I may want support for a medical, mental health or learning problem.

John Tyler

Maria Suarez

Student Life
I need general support, help in identifying resources or a referral

I have spiritual or religious concerns.

Ways to connect with other students

Childcare referral and subsidies

Legal help (leases and housing problems, referral, other legal questions)

Maria Suarez or Office of Student Life

Office of the Chaplains

Graduate Student Council

Human Resources

Attorney Len O'Brian (at Sarah Doyle Women's Center)

How do I get reimbursed for conference travel?

How can I apply for support for research travel?

What support exists for international travel?

Michelle Rose

Michelle Rose

Michelle Rose

Underrepresented Minority Students


Any dean or Liza Cariaga-Lo, Vice President for Academic Development, Diversity and Inclusion

Any dean

For contact information, please visit the Deans & Staff page.