Archives visited for this research include:
- Yale University Library, New Haven, CT
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Non-Violent Social Change, Atlanta, GA
- John F. Kennedy Presidential Library, Boston, MA
- Carnegie Public Library, Clarksdale, MS
- U. S. Federal Court Records, Oxford, MS
- Mississippi State University manuscript collection, Starkville, MS
- Tougaloo College Archives, Jackson, MS
- Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Jackson, MS
- University of Southern Mississippi, Special Collections, and Center for Oral history and Cultural Heritage archive, Hattiesburg, MS
- The Jean and Alexander Heard Library, The Southern Politics Collection, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Library, Austin, TX
- Ralph Bunche Collection, Moorland-Spingarn Research Center, Howard University, D.C.
- Library of Congress Manuscripts and Archives, Washington, D.C.
- National Archives and Records Administration, College Park, MD
- State Historical Society of Wisconsin, Madison, WI