1. I have a faculty appointment at Brown. How do I obtain my Brown ID card?
Prior to visiting the Brown Card Office in person to obtain your Brown ID Card, please call 863-2273 to ensure that your information is correct and that you have been activated in the ID Management System. Also, please note that if you currently have a Sponsored ID, you will need to obtain a new ID card with your faculty information listed.
The Brown Card Office is located in the J. Walter Wilson Building, 69 Brown Street, Providence, RI, Room 511. Proof of identification is required.
2. To activate your Brown account:
You will need your Brown ID Number to activate your electronic account and establish a User Name and Password. The 9-digit number is located above your photo on your Brown ID Card. You may also obtain your Brown ID number by either calling the Brown Card Office (863-2273) or by emailing [email protected]. Visit http://activate.brown.edu to activate your account. Select the first option and then follow the subsequent directions. Your User Name allows you access to Brown’s electronic services.
3. Contact the CIS Help Desk at 863-4357 for assistance with the following:
• I cannot remember my password.
• I cannot remember my user name.
• I do not know if I have activated my electronic Brown account.
For further information, please visit the Brown CIS Website.
4. To forward Brown email to another email account:
You can forward your Brown Email to another Email. Please visit IT Knowledgebase for directions
Brown Email is not designed to be HIPAA compliant and must not be used for transmission of protected health information or personal information.
5. To use Brown's online databases:
6. Faculty Information Sheet:
We are collecting information to meet federal reporting requirements for accreditation and to update Brown University records. Therefore, as a condition of your appointment, please complete the Faculty Information Sheet so that your appointment can be processed.
Please visit the BioMed Faculty Administration Website for faculty information and benefits.