October 24, 1925
Brown Stadium Dedicated
Built completely by subscription, the stadium complex known as Brown University Field opened in 1925 with just the south stand (shown here) fully completed. The intention was to eventually mirror that stand to the north. However, the capacity today stands at 20,000, short of the planned 32,000. The football stadium joined the adjacent Aldrich Baseball Field. The Brown Gymnasium (later named Marvel Gymnasium) was completed across Elmgrove Avenue two years later.