During the six years that the College was closed, the campus was requisitioned as a barracks for American troops and later used as a military hospital for the French soldiers of General de Rochambeau. Many students left to join the war effort. But, finally, the war was over and it was time to resume studies.
The College Reopens After War
September 4, 1782