June 1, 1952
Wriston Quad Dedicated
In a move toward accommodating student life on campus, President Wriston led the construction of a major new development. After razing fifty-one existing buildings, the University built nine residential halls and the Sharpe Refectory. The dining facility included a main dining room, which could accommodate 1,640 students, surrounded by a series of private dining rooms for the use of fraternity members.