August 14, 2017
Sent by the Brown University Insurance Office
Dear Brown University Student,
Welcome to the 2017-2018 Brown University Student Health Insurance Plan! This email confirms your enrollment in the plan effective August 15, 2017, and the premium has been charged to your student account. Your policy will expire on August 14, 2018.
If you did not intend to enroll, you may still waive the Plan if you are covered by another insurance plan that is comparable to the Brown University Student Health Insurance Plan. To submit your Petition to Waive form, visit www.gallagherstudent.com/Brown, prior to the deadline of September 29, 2017. New and important information for the 2017-2018 Plan:
- The Insurance Company has changed to UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR).
- The Claims Company has changed to UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR)
- The Preferred Provider Network is through UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus PPO and United Behavioral Health.
- The Pharmacy Benefit Manager is UnitedHealthcare Pharmacy (OptumRx).
- The Account Manager for the Plan is Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk.
To download or print your medical ID card, please follow these instructions:
- Go to www.gallagherstudent.com/Brown.
- Create your User Name & Password. For students logging in for the first time, your temporary password is your Brown Banner ID. Upon your first login, you will be required to reset your password. Instructions to reset your password will be sent to your Brown University email address. Once reset, you will be able to log in with your new password.
- Log in (if you haven't already).
- On the left toolbar, click 'Account Home'.
- You will be redirected to the 'Account Home' page, then under 'Coverage History', click on 'Generate ID card'.
For more information regarding your Brown University Student Health Insurance Plan, visit www.gallagherstudent.com/Brown, under 'My Benefits and Plan Information'. A plan brochure with detailed information will be available shortly.
On the Gallagher Student website, students can also enroll their eligible dependents by completing the online dependent enrollment form and submitting payment. Under 'Student Access', click on 'Dependent Enroll'. The deadline to enroll dependents is September 15, 2017.
Please note that you may have already received (or will soon be receiving) an email from UHCSR confirming your Plan enrollment as well as providing instructions to create an account on the www.uhcsr.com website. This will be the website where you can view claims activity on your account. You may also download an ID card or request a hard copy ID card on the UHCSR website. Note that this website is separate from the Gallagher Student Health website and requires a separate user account and password.
On behalf of the entire Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk staff, I would like to welcome you to the 2017-2018 Brown University Student Health Insurance Plan!
The Team at Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk