The following steps will help you prepare for life at Brown.
Prior to Arriving on Campus
- Brown account: Set up your Brown account for access to electronic services, including a Brown email address. By June 1.
- Brown Identification Card: Provide a photo (passport-style “head and shoulders” image) for your official Brown University Identification Card. Log into the secure area of Banner, go to the Applicant and Student section, and use the link for Brown ID Online Photo Submission.
Before August 1.
- Submit a final transcript for your undergraduate degree, including degree conferral to the Graduate School, Horace Mann Building, 47 George Street, lower level.
Before August 1.
- Academic Code & Code of Student Conduct: Complete the tutorial sent to your Brown email address in June. Before August 15.
When You Arrive on Campus
- Visit your program. Meet the program leadership, program administrator and your advisor. Consult with your advisor prior to registering for courses.
- Update Contact information. Enter your local address, phone number, and emergency contact information through self-service Banner.
- Fill out an I-9 Form (if you will be receiving a stipend) at the Brown Business Center in J. Walter Wilson, room 213. Before September 15
- Set up direct deposit as well as federal and state withholding on the Workday online system. Before September 1
- Pick up ID Card at the Brown Card Office, J. Walter Wilson Hall, Corner of Waterman & Brown Streets
- Trouble activating your electronic services? Contact the Center for Information Technology (CIT) Help Desk at (401) 863-4357 or visit them at 115 Waterman Street.
- Register for Courses online through self-service Banner. When: the day prior to the start of classes.
Additional Items for International Students
- Visit International Student & Scholar Services, J. Walter Wilson Hall, Corner of Waterman & Brown Streets.
- Apply for a Social Security Card at least 10 days after arrival; provide SSN to Payroll Office.
next page: brown email>>