This partial selection is not meant to serve as a web guide or a portal but represents a collection of materials used often in our courses. More sites can be found at the Brown Library French subject site.
French Film Collection @ Brown
Over 2800 films on DVD have been collected with help from the Sevaux family fund, French Studies, the Rockfeller library and private donors. The information desk at the Friedman Center on Level A of the SciLi now serves as the service point. Library staff will retrieve requested titles and bring them to users at the Friedman desk. Circulation policies have not changed. ( updated 3/5/13
- Newly added titles:new collection: LGBT films
- To request a film: Please read the following instructions.
- List by Genre: Feature films / Francophone Films / Shorts / Plays / Music / TV / Animation / Documentaries
- 220 VHS tapes have been sent to the Annex. Most are duplicated in the DVD collection. Consult the list and order them.
Music Juke-Box@ Brown
- Selected French and Francophone music sites Some contain lyrics, others videos.
Cartoons/ Graphic Novels @ Brown
- Over 280 "bandes dessinées" and other graphic novels in the Francophone comic books at the Brown Library. Books are in the reserve collection at the Rock Library.
- NEW: If you are a member of the Brown Community, you can access the collection though a graphic interface and log in to get faster access.
French Grammar Resources
- Antidote HD , the French spell checker and grammar tool. 47 copies installed on CIS servers fro download and in computer clusters accross campus.
- ELFE, Elementary French Exercices for the web.
- French accents on Macs and PCs.
French Summer Programs
- French Embassy in Washington (follow the "going to France" link)