- An Oscar nominated film composer
- A Tony Award winning singer
- An award winning documentary director
- A music director and conductor on Broadway
- A Tony Award nominated recording artist
- A 2009 Uncut music award nominee
- A program director at Lincoln Center
- A MacArthur Foundation Fellowship winner
- A musical guest on the David Letterman Show
- A performer at the 2010 New Orleans JAZZFEST
- An assistant principal bassoonist with the Chicago Symphony
What do these people have in common?
They were all music students in the Brown University Music Department.
We invite you to browse the photos, videos, biographies and web profiles of alumni who were music concentrators at Brown University or studied performance or composition with our music faculty.
These talented individuals have proven that "making it in music" can run the gamut ... from writing scores for Academy Award winning movies to working at one of the busiest and most prestigious arts centers in the world ... from performing on world tours to producing Grammy award winning recordings ... from singing on Broadway to conducting the New York production of "Phantom" ... from founding an award-winning after-school arts program to making provocative and critically acclaimed documentaries.
Passionate about music? Come to Brown and one day you could be listed here, too.
Low Anthem performs with The Chieftains at Carnegie Hall on St. Patrick's day. They were also asked to record a song for The Hunger Games sound track.