The Office of Institutional Research operates within the Office of the Provost.
Our mission is to support the evaluation and planning efforts of the University's senior administration by initiating and conducting studies on the University's policies, academic programs, and environment.
- Gather information from internal and external sources (e.g., students, parents, faculty, staff, other institutions, and external agencies) for program assessment and strategic planning.
- Provide statistical information for the external cluster reviews of academic departments.
- Provide information and projections needed for planning, e.g., enrollment projections used to establish College admission targets.
- Coordinate Brown's response to reports required by the federal government, including the IPEDS report, Student Right to Know reporting, retention and graduation rate studies, etc.
- Provide information required for certain institutional affiliations, such as accreditation reports, AAU Data Exchange, and any special COFHE research projects in which Brown chooses to participate.
- Respond to external information requests and surveys that are determined to be of value to the University.