is Brown University's student environmental umbrella organization. Its eight member groups meet once a week to "change the campus climate" by promoting environmental sustainability in a variety of ways. emPOWER is based on the idea that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts; that is, by joining all of the environmental initiatives on campus under one umbrella, sharing resources, knowledge, and a meeting time and place, we can accomplish more as a community. The eight member groups are:
- Brown Climate Action Fund (BCAF) - providing resources and support to students with ideas for on-campus and off campus carbon reduction projects.
- Beyond the Bottle - reducing the supply and demand of bottled water on Brown’s campus because drinking tap water is a safe, easy way to be socially and environmentally responsible .
- Bikes at Brown - facilitating bike usage and increasing its prevalence on Brown’s campus and throughout the Ocean State. Providing bike repair and rental for Brown students.
- EcoReps - fostering a culture of environmental stewardship at and inspiring green living habits amongst students at Brown University.
- Environmental Events - hosting events that raise awareness of key environmental issues
- Rhode Island Student Climate Coalition (RISCC) - a statewide alliance of students and youth working for a clean, safe, and just future for all.
- Student Composting to Rejuvenate Agriculture in Providence (SCRAP) - increasing composting education, awareness, and practice throughout the Brown and Rhode Island communities
- The Sustainable Food Initiative (SuFI) -- educating and inspiring the campus community to produce and consume food that respects people, animals, plants, soil, water, and air. SuFI also works in partnership with the Brown Market Shares program.