Independent Studies Quick Links
- Before submitting an Independent Study Application, please read thoroughly the Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Materials - instructions for submitting the Independent Studies common application and supplements for GISPs, ISPs, and AIs.
- Faculty Info Sheet - everything faculty would want to know about being a (G)ISP/AI Sponsor (we recommend you hand this to your intended sponsor)
- Past GISPs Database - request digital copies of past GISPs. You can also stop by the CRC in Room 228 in the Campus Center to browse the Independent Studies archive.
- Potential GISP Ideas - submit your GISP ideas and find out more about the GISPs your peers are working.
- Community Research Needs Database - do research with a Providence-based organization and get credit for it.
Coordinators and Contact Information
The IS coordinators (Anamta Farook '14 and Ria Mirchandani '15) are here to advise students interested in Independent Studies and support students and faculty inovlved in current Independent Studies. Email them at Independent_Study@brown.edu or visit them in the CRC (Room 228, Campus Center).