At the Swearer Center, we provide students with opportunities to explore their passions in the classroom and community, and build the skills, knowledge, and relationships necessary to lead lives of effective action.
Through valued partnerships with faculty, community practitioners, and others across the university and beyond, we deepen Brown's mission to "serve the community, nation, and world" through innovative, thoughtful approaches to social change.
Join us for events designed to inspire a dialogue on community involvement at Brown: Swearer Center Open House on Sept. 11th, Providence Community Walking Tours on Sept. 12th and 19th, and the Community Service Opportunities Fair on Sept. 17th.
- Welcome Class of 2019: Get Started with Swearer!
- Mathew Johnson Named as Director of the Swearer Center and Associate Dean for Engaged Scholarship
- Student Jobs @ Swearer: Apply now!
- Fall 2015 Course: Social Entrepreneurship
- Do You Tell Good Stories? Join Storytellers for Good (by Sept. 17th)
- Swearer Sparks: Stories from Your Summers at the Swearer Center
Visit our Getting Started page for an overview of our programs and how you can get involved. Then sign up for our weekly newsletters and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on volunteer opportunities, community events, jobs/internships, and more.
Also, explore hundreds of stories created by students on Swearer Sparks to connect with others passionate about social change and discover new opportunities to get involved on and off campus!
See you in Providence!