At the Swearer Center, we provide students with opportunities to explore their passions in the classroom and community, and build the skills, knowledge, and relationships necessary to lead lives of effective action.
Through valued partnerships with faculty, community practitioners, and others across the university and beyond, we deepen Brown's mission to "serve the community, nation, and world" through innovative, thoughtful approaches to social change.
- Welcome: Get Started with Swearer!
- Response from the Swearer Center: "Pathways to Diversity and Inclusion"
- Community Service Opportunities Fair, on February 2
- Jobs at Swearer: College Advising Corps - Central High School Adviser and 2016-2017 Advisers
- Meet the Swearer Student Advisory Committee
- View All Spring 2016 Engaged Courses
- Jyoti Sharma, First “Social Entrepreneur in Residence” at Brown
- Launch of New TRI-Lab: Designing Education for Better Prisoner + Community Health
- Connect with Communities On and Off College Hill: Subscribe to our Newsletters
Visit our Getting Started page for an overview of our programs and how you can get involved. Then sign up for our weekly newsletters and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on volunteer opportunities, community events, jobs/internships, and more.
Also, explore hundreds of stories created by students on Swearer Sparks to connect with others passionate about social change and discover new opportunities to get involved on and off campus!
See you in Providence!