At the Swearer Center, we provide students with opportunities to explore their passions in the classroom and community, and build the skills, knowledge, and relationships necessary to lead lives of effective action.
Through valued partnerships with faculty, community practitioners, and others across the university and beyond, we deepen Brown's mission to "serve the community, nation, and world" through innovative, thoughtful approaches to social change.
Explore over 250 stories created by students on Swearer Sparks to connect with others passionate about social change on campus and discover new opportunities to get involved in their work!
- Welcome Class of 2019! Get Started with Swearer and learn about our University Community Academic Advising Program (Deadline: June 12, 2015)
- Apply to be a 2015-16 Storyteller for Good (Deadline: August 23, 2015)
- First Embark Fellows Launch Campaigns for their Ventures
- Announcing The Herbert Rosen '39 Fellowship in Service and Community Understanding (Deadline: March 10, 2015)
- Storytelling Initiative Receives Global Innovation Award
Visit our Getting Started page for an overview of our programs and how you can get involved. Then sign up for our weekly newsletters and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on volunteer opportunities, community events, jobs/internships, and more.
See you in Providence!