At the Swearer Center, we provide students with opportunities to explore their passions in the classroom and community, and build the skills, knowledge, and relationships necessary to lead lives of effective action.
Through valued partnerships with faculty, community practitioners, and others across the university and beyond, we deepen Brown's mission to "serve the community, nation, and world" through innovative, thoughtful approaches to social change.
Explore hundreds of stories created by students on Swearer Sparks to connect with others passionate about social change and discover new opportunities to get involved on and off campus!
- Welcome Class of 2019: Get Started with Swearer!
- Fall 2015 Course: Social Entrepreneurship
- Providence Community Walking Tours on Sept. 12th and 19th
- Community Service Opportunities Fair on Sept. 17th, 7-9pm
- Apply for the Messing Family Public Service Fellowship (by Sept. 11th)
- Do You Tell Good Stories? Join Storytellers for Good (by Sept. 17th)
- Swearer Sparks: Stories from Your Summers at the Swearer Center
- Celebration of Engaged Scholars at Brown
Visit our Getting Started page for an overview of our programs and how you can get involved. Then sign up for our weekly newsletters and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on volunteer opportunities, community events, jobs/internships, and more.
See you in Providence!