Online registration for Family Weekend will open early September 2014. We look forward to welcoming you and your family to campus this October!
Family Weekend is a highlight of the fall semester, giving families the opportunity to experience the hustle and bustle of the Brown campus at the height of the academic term. From lectures to student performances to athletic events, the campus is bursting with activity at this time of year.
Through open houses, planned gatherings and special events, Family Weekend seeks to give students and their families a small taste of what Brown offers. Events are geared toward Brown undergraduates as well as current students of Alpert Medical School.
While there are a multitude of events over the weekend, a few of the highlights for this year include:
- President Christina H. Paxson and the Undergraduate Council of Students President Maahika Srinivasan '15 will welcome guests to campus at the President’s Welcome at 5:30 PM on Friday in the Salomon Center for Teaching.
- The session Straight from the Source (Saturday at 9 AM in Carmichael Auditorium) brings together representatives of the Dean of the College and Campus Life to inform families about new initiatives Brown is offering to students.
- Brown faculty members will present various Faculty Forums during two sessions on Saturday morning. Come see what it’s like to sit in on a typical Brown lecture!
- Cheer on the Brown Bears Football Team as they play Cornell at the Brown Stadium! The game will take place at 12:30 PM on Saturday. Shuttle service will be provided from main campus to the Stadium.
- The 2014 Keynote Address speaker will be announced in mid-August. The Keynote Address will occur at 4:00 PM on Saturday in Salomon's DeCiccio Family Auditorium.
- And don't miss the 250th Waterfire beginning at sunset (estimate 5:50 pm) in Downtown Providence.
Registration for the weekend is free of charge and will open in early September.
Please check back on the website for updates!
Future Family Weekend Dates*
- October 16-18, 2015*
- October 21-23, 2016*
- October 13-15, 2017*
*Please note: These future Family Weekend dates are tentative