We look forward to welcoming you and your family to campus this October!
Online registration for Family Weekend is now closed. However, on-site registration will be available at Stephen Robert '62 Campus Center, Petteruti Lounge. See the Schedule of Events for open registration times.
Family Weekend is a highlight of the fall semester, giving families the opportunity to experience the hustle and bustle of the Brown campus at the height of the academic term. From lectures to student performances to athletic events, the campus is bursting with activity at this time of year.
Through open houses, planned gatherings and special events, Family Weekend seeks to give students and their families a small taste of what Brown offers. Events are geared toward Brown undergraduates as well as current students of Alpert Medical School.
While there are a multitude of events over the weekend, a few of the highlights for this year include:
- President Christina H. Paxson and the Undergraduate Council of Students President Todd Harris will welcome guests to campus at the President’s Welcome at 5:30 PM on Friday in the Salomon Center for Teaching.
- Come hear the Brown University Wind Symphony concert conducted by Matthew McGarrell, featuring works by Vaughan Williams, Tallis, Holsinger, Muscente and Grainger, Friday at 9 PM.
- The session Straight from the Source (Saturday at 9 AM in Salomon Center for Teaching) brings together representatives of the Dean of the College and Campus Life to inform families about new initiatives Brown is offering to students. Dean of the College Katherine Bergeron and Vice President for Campus Life Margaret Klawunn will be on hand to answer questions.
- Brown faculty members will present various Faculty Forums during two sessions on Saturday morning. Come see what it’s like to sit in on a typical Brown lecture!
- Peter Norvig '78, P'16, Director of Research for Google, Inc., will deliver the 2013 Keynote Address at 3:30 PM on Saturday in Salomon's DeCiccio Family Auditorium.
- Alpert Medical School Students and their families are invited to attend the 15th Annual Ceremony of Commitment to Medicine, which will be held at the First Unitarian Church at 4 PM on Saturday.
- Cheer on the Brown Bears Football Team as they take on Princeton at the Brown Stadium! The game will take place at 6 PM on Saturday. Shuttle service will be provided from main campus to the Stadium.
- And don't miss the Brown University Jazz Band directed by Matthew McGarrell, Saturday at 9 PM at the Salomon Center for Teaching, DeCiccio Family Auditorium, The College Green.
Registration for the weekend is free of charge and will open in early September.
Please check back on the website for updates!
Future Family Weekend Dates*
- October 24-26, 2014
- October 16-18, 2015*
- October 21-23, 2016*
- October 13-15, 2017*
*Please note: These future Family Weekend dates are tentative