Dell Premier - Brown Institutional Purchases
When ordering a University-owned computer, you will have two options: express ordering one of Brown's standard configurations or custom configuring your computer. Your first step for either is creating a Dell Premier account for your department.
Setting up a Dell Premier account
- To request a new Dell purchasing account for the Dell institutional Premier Page, email Software_Services at brown.edu, or call (401)863-7476. You will be asked to supply your name and email address.
- After your account has been created, you will be emailed the url and access information necessary to complete your registration.
After you register using your new Account Code and Access
Key, you will be asked to create a new Dell Personal Profile
by providing your Name, Email, and a new Personal Password
that is unique to you. DO NOT use your Brown password when creating this account!
On subsequent visits, you need only
to provide your Personal Password to gain access to the Premier page.
For more information see:
The Dell Premier Buyer's Guide
If you are ordering one of Brown's standard configurations, in addition to the best price, you will also receive the following benefits:
- Pre-loaded software: Windows 7 Enterprise, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection, Sassafras KeyAccess, and a PDF viewer
- Free standard shipping to your department
- 3 year on-site warranty included. You may have your computer repaired by Brown's Computing Facility and Repair Services or call Dell directly
- The standard configurations have been tested in Brown's computing environment and have received high ratings for performance
Institutional purchases can be made with either a Brown Purchasing Card or Brown Purchase Order. Your department may have to request that its Purchasing Card limit be increased to the $2,999 threshold for purchases. If your department consistently places orders in excess of $2,999, contact the Purchasing Department regarding how to structure a blanket order to best meet your needs.