Dorm & Building Access

The Brown Card provides individual access to University buildings such as: residence halls, libraries, the athletic center, parking, labs and other buildings.

The Brown Card provides essential personal identification and is required by University policy. While on campus, the Brown Card should be carried at all times for identification purposes. It must be presented upon the request of a University Official, including Public Safety Officers.

Inquiries regarding dorm access with the Brown Card should be directed to:

The Office of Residential Life
Grad Center E

42 Charlesfield Street 
Providence RI 02912


Inquiries regarding access to other campus locations should be directed to:

Brown Department of Public Safety

75 Charlesfield Street
Providence, RI 02902


For access afterhours, or to report a safety or security problem, call Brown Public Safety Office, 401-863-3322.