Move-in day is here! Upon arriving to campus, please take into consideration the following tips to prevent the theft of your property:
- Be sure to secure your vehicle between trips to your residence.
- Never leave boxes or luggage unatttended outside of your vehicle or your room. Appoint a relative or a friend to keep an eye on your things while you make a trip to the car or your room. Theft can occur within a matter of minutes!
- Always lock your door when leaving. Never leave your room unsecured while unattended. If applicable, encourage your roommate to do the same. Making a plan to keep your valuables safe is a great way to build a rapport!
- As residence hall doors are often propped during move-in, pay special attention to suspicious circumstances to include persons leaving the residence with belongings. Report suspicious circumstances to Public Safety promptly by calling (401)863-3322.
- Consider leaving your most treasured items at home. Secure your must have valuables such as jewelry, heirlooms, credit cards, etc. in a safe place in your room out of plain view.
- Secure your bicycle to a bike rack with a horseshoe style lock. Avoid using cable locks as they can be easily cut within minutes.