Covid-19 updates and protocols:
- Maintain social distance while waiting at a shuttle stop.
- A Brown ID is required to utilize the shuttle services. To expedite boarding, please have your ID out and ready before entering the vehicle.
- Proper face coverings are required at all times while utilizing the shuttle services. Passengers will not be able to board without a proper face covering.
- Passengers with a University approved face covering exemption will be permitted to utilize the services with proper documentation.
- Vehicles are operating at a reduced passenger capacity in line with state requirements. Please respect the guidance from the driver if informed that the shuttle is at capacity.
- Select a seat that encourages social distancing from other passengers, as well as the driver. Adhere to seat restrictions when indicated.
- The consumption of Food and Drink remains prohibited while utilizing shuttle services
- Vehicles are cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis, and high touch point locations are cleaned throughout the day
Brown University Shuttle is a safety-oriented transportation service offered to the Brown community – students, faculty, and staff of Brown and hospital affiliates who have a Brown ID.
All Brown University Shuttle drivers are professionally licensed drivers employed by First Transit and have passed extensive background checks, along with lengthy additional driver training. B.U.S drivers are uniformed and wear a B.U.S. photo badge, which you may ask to see at any time.
Fall Schedule (Effective 8/24/20)
|Express||Monday - Friday||7:00am - 7:00pm|
|Connector||Monday - Friday||7:00am - 7:00pm|
Monday - Friday
7:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 7:00pm
11:00am - 7:00pm
|Evening (clockwise route only)
||Sunday - Wednesday
Thursday - Saturday
|7:00pm – 2:00am
7:00 pm - 3:00am
|OnCall||Sunday - Wednesday
Thursday - Saturday
|7:00pm – 1:45am
7:00pm - 2:45am
- You MUST present your ID card when boarding the vehicles. This is to ensure the safety of both our drivers and our riders.
- You are required by Rhode Island law to wear a seatbelt when the shuttle vehicle is in motion.
- If you damage the shuttle vehicle, you will be billed for the repairs.
- No pets.
- No smoking.
- No alcohol (in open or closed containers).
- You have the right to be driven in a safe manner and to be treated with courtesy and respect.
- You have the obligation to treat First Transit employees with courtesy and respect.
- First Transit reserves the right to deny transport to any passenger if, in the judgment of the driver, the passenger’s behavior is a danger to the vehicle, the driver, or other passengers.
By entering the shuttle vehicle, you agree to abide by these policies. Those who violate them will be denied service.
For more information or to register a complaint about the shuttle services, please contact us in one of the ways listed at [email protected].