Zipcar gives you all the benefits of car ownership without the cost or hassle. Parking, gas and insurance included. And now you can join via the Zipcar app and be driving in minutes! Pick up a car at one of the locations on campus and drive for a few hours or for an entire day. And now you can even drive one way. Whether you’re the dorm hero who leads grocery runs or trips out of town to explore New England, Zipcar is the solution for you!
- 18+ years of age eligibility for Zipcar membership
- 26 Zipcars to choose from
Five locations on campus:
- Lower level of Lot # 68 the Power Street garage (entrance on Brook St. across from fire station)
- 217 Bown Street, Lot #7
- 20 Olive Street, Lot #77
- Young Orchard Ave, Lot#54 (next to Owig Music)
- Page-Robinson Hall, Lot #17
- Richmond Street, Lot #105 across from the front entrance of the Alpert Medica School
Contact the Transportation Office at (401) 863-3157 with any questions.
Brown University students, faculty, and staff pay an annual $15 fee and no application fee. $10.00 off annual membership thanks to Ford! Hourly rates range from $8.00 to $13.00 depending on the type of vehicle reserved.
How Does Zipcar Work?
- Join: Download the app or apply online. It only takes a few minutes.
- Reserve: Reserve a car for a couple hours or an entire day. Reserve online or use a phone.
- Unlock: Walk to the car, then just hold your Zipcard to the windshield. The doors will unlock, and it's all yours!
- Drive: Drive away... and return to the same reserved parking space at the end of your reservation. It's that simple. And remember, gas and insurance are included, too.
Visit the Zipcar website to learn more and join the program.