Helping Students in Distress
- Are you worried about a Brown student?
- Do you need consultation about a difficult and urgent situation?
- Not sure what to do, where to turn, or who can help?
Check out the How to Help a Student in Distress site. If you are worried about a Brown student, or need assistance or consultation with a difficult and urgent situation, please contact a dean or administrator at the numbers listed below; they will be happy to talk with you.
Deans & Administrators
Please call the deans and administrators who are available to discuss concerns you may have about a student's academic, personal or community life at Brown.
- *For assistance with emergencies at night or on weekends (e.g., a student's immediate safety or threat to others, missing student, death in the family), or during University Breaks, Brown Public Safety can connect you with the Administrator on Call.
- Support provided for undergraduate, graduate and medical students.
- You may talk with -- or send a student to meet with -- deans in the Office of Student Life during daytime work hours.
- **Available through the sexual assault response line, a sexual assault crisis counselor gives information and support in the immediate aftermath of a sexual assault, and is available to accompany a student to the hospital, as needed.
- See also Emergency Contacts.