Brown University administrative offices close beginning at 5 PM on Monday, December 23, 2013 and reopen @ 8:30 AM onThursday, January 2, 2013.
Response for crisis/emergencies 24/7 even during school breaks:
Department of Public Safety
Administrator on Call (AOC)
Public Safety will have the AOC call you
|Building or Facility Emergency||(401) 863-7800|
|Medical Emergencies||(401) 863-4111|
|Psychological Emergencies||(401) 863-3476|
|Sexual Assault Crisis Support||(401) 863-6000|
- Athletics and Recreation
- Campus Center
- Chaplains and Religious Life
- Dining Services - meal plan and other food venues
- Health Services
- Housing - Residential Life
- Psychological Services
- University Shuttle
Additional information about Winter Break hours for recreational sport and fitness facilities may be found for each facility individually on the Recreational Sports web page at: http://brownrec.com
|Closed for annual maintenance beginning 7 AM Friday, December 20. Reopens 5:30 AM January 2, 2014 for Winter Break hours. Live calendar can be viewed at www.brownrec.com/aquatics/hours|
|Nelson Fitness||Saturday, December 21 to Monday, December 23 hours are 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Closed December 24 & 25. Thursday, December 26 to Tuesday, December 31, 2013 hours are 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Closed January 1, 2014. Reopen 5:30 AM January 2, 2014.
|OMAC||Saturday, December 21 to Monday, December 23 hours are 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Closed December 24 & 25. Thursday, December 26 to Tuesday, December 31, 2013 hours are 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Closed January 1, 2014. Reopen 5:30 AM January 2, 2014.|
|Meehan Rink||University skate is closed beginning Thursday, December 19, 2013 and will reopen Monday, January 27, 2014.|
|Pizzitola||Recreational Squash is closed beginning Sun, Dec 22, 2013. Reopens Sat Jan 5, 2014.|
|Satellite fitness centers||Bear’s Lair, Emery, and Bigelow close Sat, Dec 14, 2013. Normal hours resume Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 6 AM.|
Athletic events on campus during Break:
|Thu Jan 2 @ 7PM||Men's basketball v. Rhode Island
|Fri Jan 3 @ 7PM||Women's ice hockey v. Cornell|
|Fri Jan 3 @ 7PM||Women's basketball v. New Hampshire
|Sat Jan 4 @ 12PM||Men's & Women's Swimming v. Providence
|Sat Jan 4 @ 4PM||Women's ice hockey v. Colgate
|Rest of January||Check schedule on brownbears.com|
Urgent pastoral care or contact available 24-hours during Break. Call Brown Public Safety at (401) 863-3322 and they will connect you with a chaplain. The Chaplains' Office is closed beginning Dec 23, 2103 through Jan 1; reopens Thur, Jan 2, 2014.
- Administrative offices closed from 5 PM Mon, Dec 23, 2013 to 8:30 AM Thur, Jan 2, 2014.
- Meal plan service ends after dinner on Sat, Dec 21, 2013. Begins again Tues, Jan 21, 2014 with dinner in Sharpe Refectory from 4:30-7:30pm.
- Dining arranged for athletes in competition and on campus during the break.
- Check schedule of Winter Holiday and January 2014 hours for the various Dining venues. Blue Room closes 4PM Sat, Dec 21; open only 10 AM - 3 PM Monday, Dec 23; then closed until Jan 2, 2014. Thur, Jan 2 - Tue, Jan 21 open 8AM-3PM only. Ivy Room open for lunch only Jan 6-Jan 22.
- All venues open normal hours beginning Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
During break, EMS and medical advice are available 24 hours, seven days a week:
- Emergency medical services -- call (401) 863-4111 (Brown Public Safety).
- Medical advice for students -- call (401) 863-1330 (Nurse Response).
HEALTH SERVICES BREAK HOURS
|Sat, Dec 21, 2013||Open 9 AM - 4 PM
|Sun, Dec 22||Closed|
|Mon, Dec 23||Open 8:30 AM - 5 PM|
|Dec 24, 2013 - Jan 1, 2014||Closed|
|Thu, Jan 2, 2014||Reopens 8:30 AM|
|Jan 2 - Jan 25, 2014||Limited weekday hours; closed weekends. Check Health Services website for hours.|
|Wed, Jan 15||CLOSED. Staff training.|
|Mon, Jan 20||CLOSED. University holiday|
|Tue, Jan 21||Regular weekly hours resume|
|Sat, Jan 25||Weekend hours resume|
LIBRARIES close Sat, Dec 21 at 5PM. Rock & SciLi open Dec 23. Rock open Dec 26, 27 & 30. Printable Library Hours are available from the library site. For details about hours, please see http://library.brown.edu/libweb/hours.php or call 401 863-BOOK.
- Psychological Services will be closed from 5PM Fri, Dec 20, 2013 until 8:30 AM Tue, Jan 21, 2014.
- During Break, an on-call clinician is available for urgent mental health needs, and for students who have been sexually assaulted, any time of the day or night. Call Psychological Services @ 401 863-3476 and follow the prompts to reach the answering service.
Students are required to vacate residence halls no later than 9AM Sun, Dec 22, 2013. All doors will be locked and card access will be disabled during Break. Take all critical items (e.g., prescriptions, passports, keys) with you as you will NOT be able to enter the residence halls or your room during Break.
NEED TO STAY? Students for whom international residence or circumstances prevent leaving campus during Break, check http://brown.edu/reslife for additional information about arrangements.
Residence halls reopen on Sat, Jan 18, 2014.
- Additional information on the reslife website.
- Campus Center will be closed 5PM Mon, Dec 23, 2013 until 8AM Thu, Jan 2, 2014.
- Blue Room - see Dining Services information, above.
- Office is closed 5PM Mon, Dec 23, 2013 until 8:30AM Thu, Jan 2, 2014.
- SEAS onCall: Please see the Transportation website for details about modified service schedule during break.
page date 12.12.13