All Brown alumni are automatically lifelong members of the Brown Alumni Association (BAA), which seeks to unite alumni efforts in support of Brown by nurturing each alumna and alumnus’s relationships with the University and with other alumni. Most of the programs and services described on the BAA website receive funding from and/or were created by the BAA. At the Brown Alumni Association, all alumni are automatically members.
- Bibiana K. Obler (BA Brown '96, PhD, UC Berkeley), Assistant Professor of Art History, George Washington University, has just published Intimate Collaborations: Gender, Craft and the History of Abstraction (Yale University Press, 2014).
- Jessica Maier (BA Brown '96, PhD Columbia University) is now Assistant Professor of the History of Art, Mount Holyoke College.
- Sonja Drimmer (BA Brown '03, PhD Columbia University) is now Assistant Professor of the History of Medieval Art and Architecture, University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Jiren Feng (PhD '06) has accepted a position at the University of Hawaii, Hilo where he has been teaching for several years as a temp.
- Fan Zhang ('11) has accepted the position of Associate Curator of Asian Art at the Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota, Florida.
- Nathaniel M. Stein ('12) has accepted a position as the Horace W. Goldsmith Curatorial Fellow in Photography at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- Suzanne Scanlan ('10), a lecturer at the Rhode Island School of Design, has had her essay, "The Devil in the Refectory: Bodies Imagined and the Oblates of Tor de' Specchi in Quattrocento Rome", included in a new collection edited by Richard Raiswell with Peter Dendle, The Devil in Society in Premodern Europe (Centre for Reformation and Renaissance Studies, Victoria University in the University of Toronto, 2012).
- Bibiana Obler ('96), Assistant Professor of Art History at George Washington University, has just won a 2012 Millard Meiss Publication Grant from the College Art Association for her new book, Intimate Collaborations: Gender, Craft, and the Emergence of Abstraction (Yale University Press).
- Horace Brockington (MA) has published a new book, "Jeu Du Cartes: Artistic Practices in Southern Europe 1939-42".
- Amanda Lahikainen has accepted a position as Assistant Professor, at Aquinas College in Michigan. She will begin on July 1st, 2012.