Brown is committed to student-centered learning. In our graduate program, Ph.D. candidates choose research groups and elective courses based on their individual goals and interests, graduating ready for successful careers in today's changing world. Innovative research in our department laboratories seeks to answer critical questions in molecular behavior and reaction dynamics, the interface of chemistry and human health, and renewable energy and sustainability.
Why Chemistry at Brown?
- Competitive stipend and university-paid health insurance benefits
- Student: faculty ratio of 5 to 1
- Average time to PhD completion: five years
- Brown’s Open Graduate Education Program
- Reduced teaching responsibility for first-year students
- Five-year guaranteed financial support and annual conference travel funding
- Active departmental graduate student leadership
Visit our Open House @ Tue Nov 16, 2021 7pm - 9pm ZOOM IN https://brown.zoom.us/j/94974645402
Details about this event will be posted soon.
The Chemistry Graduate Program application for Fall 2022 opens September 1, 2021.
If you wish to submit an application to the Department of Chemistry Ph.D. program Apply Here!
Our application deadline is December 15, 2021.
Explore our Research Areas
Where will your Brown degree take you?
See data about career paths of our graduate program alumni.
We want to hear from you. For assistance with the application process and all other program questions, please contact Rose Barreira. For questions about graduate study in Chemistry at Brown, please contact our graduate recruiting committee: Professors Jerome Robinson and Brenda Rubenstein.
Graduate Student Resources (access restricted)
Graduate Program Handbook (for students entering in September 2021)