Brown is committed to student-centered learning. In our graduate program, Ph.D. candidates choose research groups and elective courses based on their individual goals and interests, graduating ready for successful careers in today's changing world. Innovative research in our department laboratories seeks to answer critical questions in molecular behavior and reaction dynamics, the interface of chemistry and human health, and renewable energy and sustainability.
Why Chemistry at Brown?
- Competitive stipend and university-paid health insurance benefits
- Student: faculty ratio of 5 to 1
- Average time to PhD completion: five years
- Brown’s Open Graduate Education Program
- Reduced teaching responsibility for first-year students
- Five-year guaranteed financial support and annual conference travel funding
- Active departmental graduate student leadership
Applying to Chemistry at Brown:
Our application deadline is December 15, 2020.
Explore our Research Areas
Where will your Brown degree take you?
See data about career paths of our graduate program alumni.
We want to hear from you. For assistance with the application process and all other program questions, please contact Rose Barreira. For questions about graduate study in Chemistry at Brown, please contact our graduate recruiting committee: Professors Jerome Robinson and Brenda Rubenstein.
Graduate Student Resources (access restricted)
Graduate Program Handbook (for students entering in September 2020)