Chemistry is a fascinating discipline that provides an essential link between the deep mysteries of fundamental science and everyday life. Research and teaching in Chemistry at Brown stretches from exploring physical phenomena of individual molecules, to creating new molecules, to material science, and indeed to the foundations of life.
Why Chemistry at Brown?
- Competitive stipend
- Guaranteed financial support for five years
- Average time to PhD completion is five years
- University-paid health insurance benefits
- Brown’s Open Graduate Education Program
- Reduced teaching responsibility for first-year students
- Annual conference travel funding
- Active departmental Grad Student Leadership Committee and social events
Learn More & Apply:
Submit your application to our PhD program starting September 1. The deadline is December 15. The Admissions Committee reviews all applications and makes recommendations for admission to the program.
|Explore Faculty Research Interests
Learn about our broad range of research interests and groups.
|Download the Chemistry PhD Program Brochure
Access our printable brochure with program description and faculty research interests.
|Where are they now?
See data about career paths of our graduate program alumni.
|Contact Us for More Information
We want to hear from you. For assistance with the application process and all other program questions, please contact Rose Barreira.
For questions about graduate study in Chemistry at Brown, please contact our graduate recruiting committee: Professors Jerome Robinson and Brenda Rubenstein.
Discover Living in Providence, Rhode Island:
|The Providence, RI Homepage|
|Living in Providence|