On May 5, 2015, the department gathered to celebrate this past year's accomplishments of our students, faculty, and staff. The celebration began with conferral of undergraduate and graduate student awards and was followed by a reception.
Congratulations to all students who received awards.
- Freshman Chemistry Achievement Award - Ugur Basmaci, Nicholas Mroz, Jason Thomas, & Douglas Villalta
- Organic Chemistry Prize - Sabrina Kunselman & Samuel Massion
- New Concentrator with Outstanding Academic Record - Salina Moon (Biochemistry), Changhae Kim (Chemical Physics), & Kyle Myerson (Chemistry)
- Junior Prize - Daniel Ramirez-Montero (Biochemistry); MinJung Han, Mary O'Connor, & Emily Passarelli (Chemistry)
- Paul Cross Prize in Physical Chemistry - Daniel DeCiccio
- Clapp Prize for Outstanding Undergraduate Thesis - Sonia Boor (Biochemistry); Layne Frechette (Chemical Physics); Avery Baumann & Colin Gould (Chemistry)
- ACS Division of Inorganic Chemistry Undergraduate Award in Inorganic Chemistry - Karen Chen
- ACS Division of Organic Chemistry Undergraduate Award in Organic Chemistry - Ethan Magno
- Outstanding Chemistry Student Award from the RI Section of the ACS - Colin Gould
- Sigma Xi Award - Dr. Xinxin Cheng
- W.T. King Prize - Jian He & Francisco Schunk
- Dissertation Fellowship - Jian He, Ziyao Tang, & Hongyi Zhang
- Vincent J. Wernig Fellowship - Daoling Huang